Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend Warriors

I'm not sure about everyone else's weekend(s), but I'm noticing a distinct pattern beginning to appear within mine.

My weekends usually start on Thursday night, with some event (this week, it happened to be a Yankees game, followed up by a night filled with little sleep) that inevitably leaves me too tired to think the next day. Friday is usually a struggle; however, in my world/office, Fridays tend to be a joke anyway. So I really didn't need to be on my game, which is good, because, as is typical, my "game" was eluding me.

Friday night began with me heading home, grabbing some dinner and watching TV. Friday night ended with me eating dinner and falling asleep in front of the TV. This may be where the fundamental flaw within my pattern comes to light. The result of this passing out before 11 on a Friday is that I'm awake at 7 am on Saturday. This usually angers me and forces me to sleep more, just because "It's Saturday, I'm supposed to sleep." This Saturday, I decided to get up and go to the gym.

NYSC in Park Slope is never really "crowded", so it was no surprise that at 8 am on Saturday, not a soul was lurking. Anyway, I worked out, went home, ate some lunch, went to the office to do some work, bought some clothes, went home. That was the afternoon; not too bad.

I went out with a friend for dinner at "Dallas BBQ". There are about 20 of these things in the city, so it wasn't exactly haute cuisine, but it was good food, plus cheap beer. I then trekked downtown to Stanton Street to see Big Dictator (Donsky's band: official review= Insane, but good times). I saw a few other bands, met up with Frank, who in general, is sarcastic enough to boost anyone's mood. I broke my glasses, which kind of sucks, so now I look like I need new glasses and am wearing the old one's because I'm too cheap to buy new ones (not too far from the truth).

Sunday was great, other than me waking up at noon, doing laundry (twice: forgot my sheets the first time), taking about 2 hours to get to Target (really love the weekend transportation situation in NYC), and ending with wondering if my living room floor is really sinking further, or if I imagine these things.

So yes, all in all, not a bad weekend, but cyclical. I've done this weekend before, and yeah, it's a good time, but I need to switch it up this coming weekend. Something bold, crazy, maybe get out of town, go to Jersey, somewhere I can get to without a car that's "different".... Any thoughts?

No comments: