Friday, May 12, 2006

Broken-wrist man

I was at the Yankee game last night and witnessed the entire Matsui-breaks-his-wrist-Joe-Torre-sprints-out-to-left incident and man, it sucked. Having broken my wrist myself, I can understand the pain and terror you feel when your hand suddenly doesn't feel connected to your arm........ And I'm going to digress into that story

Freshman year up at Binghamton: I'm drunk. I was headed to my first frat party with my friends and had about 8 beers in me. Obviously lacking the power to reason logically, I decided jumping off this cement block onto a sidewalk about 5 feet below me would be a great idea. Yeah, I landed on my wrist. Looking at my arm sideways, it made a "Z". I'll let that sink in for a minute...... Right, so I ended up in the emergency room, so drunk that I couldn't actually take any pain killers for 6 hours. The "doctor" set my wrist eventually and to this day, something isn't right. If you know me personally, you've seen the disaster that is my left wrist, complete with protruding bone (it's not that bad but it's not cool). To this day, I cannot swing a baseball bat properly. So let's hope Matsui has a better doctor than the ass-clown who "set" my wrist back in place.

Sorry about the streak man. It would have been refreshing to see a REAL baseball player enter the record books without the help of love-organ altering drugs.

2 comments:

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tanya said...

Yeah, yeah, we all heard that wrist story a million times!

Yankee fans suck ;p