Sunday, May 07, 2006

Weekends

Last week, I spoke of a weekend cycle I've fallen victim to. So now is when I'm supposed to tell you about the cool events of this weekend that broke that cycle. I'm afraid the rest of this post may disappoint. But sometimes, as I fear some of you may have noticed, I tend to shoot from the hip on this blog, and might surprise myself by the end of the post.... Read on!

I did, despite myself, have a very nice time in Union Square/Chelsea yesterday. A friend and I went to Home Depot (my father refers to this as "Homeless Depot"....... Yeah, he sees the irony too.) where I purchased some items for my apartment. We then headed over to Bed, Bath and Beyond (no name for this from my dad) where I bought some things to lift my bed about 8 inches off the ground. I can't really say why I did that, but it's a neat perspective and I didn't fall out of my bed when I got up this morning, so no harm done.

We then headed over to Union Square, found the "elusive" Mud Truck and had some great coffee. You should check that place out. I've been craving a good cup of coffee for a while. I didn't really want a latte with 500 calories and burnt crap Starbucks in it. Nor did I want street meat vendor coffee. So the Mud Truck hit the spot. I headed home, my friend uptown, and the day was pretty much over. But man, it was a good time, just hanging out, getting some home essentials, enjoying the city, the nice weather. So, maybe I did break the cycle. I did something that I don't usually do, spent some time with cool people (person) and hung out in Union Square for a while. I usually just pass through that hell hole, but spending time in the park part is fun. The wind was blowing the whole time, dispersing flower petals off the trees all over, including in my face. I thought to myself "What a great way to infect people with biochemical weapons" and then I thought "You moron, just enjoy the wind and flowers."

So, a first for Noonan's blog, a weekend post. I feel far less funny today and have no material to convey from the office (a hot-bed of shenanigans). Although, I have posted earlier in the week than Audrey so HA, I'm up first. Enjoy the rest of your weekends. For those of you who love your jobs (like myself), time for a new week. For those of you who don't love your jobs, find a new one. Start being happy. And until you find a new job, spend some time in Union Square with a good friend (or lady friend if the opportunity presents itself) and get some Mud. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Audrey. said...

I got linked twice in this post. I'm so cool, I'm cool squared.