Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Far West Side

These past two days, I've been in training (today is day 2) to learn a survey programming tool. Good times. Anyway, this place is located in midtown, between 9th and 10th avenues. I knew such thoroughfares existed, but I never considered that anything actually was over here. Turns out, outside of a few offices (cheap rent) there's really not much at all. Note my 5 or 6 block jaunt just to find a Starbucks (non-existent).

Couple this with another west-side experience: that's right, Noonan's apartment hunting again. I went uptown to 84th and CPW yesterday to take a look at a very small room for not much less than I pay now for a 1 BR in Brooklyn. Turns out, the place was nice and was half a block from the park, but it's just too small. I've often been suspicious of the West side. Turns out, I really just don't like the far West side. Anything along CPW is really nice. I realized, however, that to get the amount of space I have now in that neighborhood, I'd probably be paying close to $4,000 a month. I don't know about you, but the last time I checked, I wasn't raking in $200k a year.

So that's my West side experience. I now know why I stay away from this place.

Coming tomorrow: my experience looking for an apartment on Wall Street.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

If you move to Wall St. I am living with you ;)