Tuesday, December 05, 2006

There's no title that fits this

I was walking through the HEET turnstile last night in the Times Square station heading home. This lady was headed out of the subway up to the street. I figured she'd wait as I had this expression on my face that probably said "You better wait or I'll hurt you". Instead of waiting, she grabs one of the bars on the turnstile (mind you, I'm speaking of the ones that are floor to ceiling height and are not "jumpable), attempts to walk through the turnstile ON THE OTHER SIDE as I walk through entering the subway. Stop and think about this for a minute. She tried to walk through the side that has corresponding, parallel bars which prevent people from going through the turnstile on that side. (Picture for reference.)
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

See those things on the left? The prohibitive bars that if you try to walk into, will stop you, dead in your tracks? So as I'm walking through, she attempts her magic, only to get her hand pinched in between the two sets of bars, to which she exclaims "ow, damn, oh.... you can't go that way". No, no you can't go that way, moron. There are large metal bars that, short of having "You can't go this way" printed on them, pretty much SCREAM out, "You can't go this way."

Are you new to life?

No comments: