Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Art of Blogging

Before I start my comment for the day, I have to let you all know that I've been "spotted" on Technorati. I have to say, I was quite proud to claim "Noonan" as my own, and I thank my friends for their linking that more than likely put me on Technorati.

Back to the post at hand. My recent foray back into blogging has lead me to the conclusion that these posts take time to craft (as well they should). This one saves drafts, even saves them for another day. I agree with the process she's got going on here, but I find myself impatient. I think this has a lot to do with how and where I post. I'm currently sitting in my cube at work, waiting to go to a meeting which probably won't have much to do with me and thus feel rushed to get this thing done before the meeting begins. Other posts are done from home, thus allowing me the time to sit there for 2 or 3 hours and think about what I should write, how I should write it, if I should stop writing, etc.

Maybe there's something to be said for publishing on the fly. Perhaps it's like free-association blogging. The first thing that pops into my head is what you'll all be reading (all 5 of you who come here... that includes people from work).

List of what's going on right now:
1) dinner party at my place last night; by all accounts, a bust
2) meeting upstairs in 30; get ready
3) thinking about going to the gym after work
4) wishing there was more to eat in my apartment other than peanut butter and jelly
5) realizing it's Thursday already
6) getting ready for my weekend

2 comments:

Robyn said...

How dare you say the dinner party was a bust? After the blowtorch and all?!? Just because you're not classy enough for cabernet sauvignon!

that guy said...

Fine, the food was good and the blow torch skills were cool.

Just to note: Robyn is "BS" who I've spoken of in past posts.