Monday, November 27, 2006

Some holiday comments and a general note

Thanksgiving was a good time this year. I stayed with my father as my mom was out of town (parents are divorced.) We did the whole "deep fry your turkey" thing, which turned out great. It's pretty healthy for you as all the fat melts away and it tastes great. Best part is that it only took about an hour and 15 minutes to cook the bird. Just enough time for me to down about 5 beers with my dad and grandfather outside. 3 generations of Noonan men, bonding over a turkey in a bucket of oil. Class act, indeed.

I came back to the city on Friday, partly because I was bored at home, but mostly because I had things to do. The rest of the weekend was good. I went to two concerts and had a nice time not being at work.

I started reading my archives tonight, looking back on what I've ranted on and on about since April. One particular quote from this post:

"You have the friends you do at present for a reason: they're accessible, they don't suck that much (most of the time), or you're hooking up with one of them and she's hot."

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good then too.

Anyway, I know I don't post nearly as much as this one does nor do I have as much to say as she does (yes, Audrey, I linked to you twice), but I enjoy this collection of thoughts I've managed to keep. Not 7 months ago, I started this thing thinking I'd probably only post once or twice. But, turns out, I've posted quite a bit and it's all good stuff. Best part is remembering the day you wrote it or even the reason why you wrote the post. So read my archives, if you're bored or if you're really interested in what I'm all about.

No comments: