Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What's this guy's problem?

I'm going to have a hard time properly masking the true identity of this individual but I'm pretty much being forced to rant about him because he's pissing me off. Everyday, this guy (I won't say "at work" but you get the idea) gets on the phone, on speaker, and basically screams at the top of his lungs at people. He's not mad at all; he's just weird.

And he'll do things like "hey John, you on the call? John? JOHN?!?!?" and then you'll hear John respond "Yeah, I'm here...." just waiting for this guy to stop yelling. Here are a few reasons why this annoys the piss out of me:

1) I have NOTHING to do with what this person does all day, either on the phone or off.
2) I want NOTHING to do with what they do, yet I overhear these calls everyday, so I could at any point in time, jump on this project like I was part of it since day one. (I even here about cost implications, etc. which just shouldn't be broadcast around an office.... or where ever it is I'm talking about).
3) I can't function on what I need to do. I'm in media research. I don't spend the entire day on the phone. I spend most of my day looking at numbers and interpreting them for people who can't be bothered looking at numbers. So this phone call going on in the background just screws up my flow, so to speak.

I'm not saying this person is a bad person; I'd surely hope he's not as he sits 15 feet from me. But I could do without the personal/private and/or business phone calls going on.... SEE, RIGHT THERE, the noise from the call just completely made me lose my train of thought....

No comments: