Thursday, April 20, 2006

Is it some sort of national holiday today that I'm not aware of?

Never in my life have I commuted with more ease than today. Started off leaving my apartment at 735 and walking to the F. Seemed like a normal day, nice out, people around, the usual.

Then I got on the F. Now normally at this hour in the morning, the F is standing room only. So imagine my surprise when I got on and found a seat, not just one seat stuck between two slobs, but a whole seat without someone sitting next to me. So I sat down and started to read my paper, half-expecting that the next two stops would completely fill the train.

Long blog short, I get to 42nd street, I've read a good 90% of the first section of the Wall Street Journal, I'm still sitting with no one next to me, and the train station is empty. I really think I'm missing out on a holiday. Let me know if I am so I can go home and celebrate whatever day this is supposed to be.

No comments: