Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Could it be??

That's right, I'm back. I've now gone more than 7 months without posting to my blog and my, how things have changed. Let's start with work:

1) I'm now, by no fault of my own, a Research Director. I know, sounds important, probably will be at some point.
2) Someone reports to me... I'll let that sink in for a few seconds.....................OK.
3) This one no longer works here and she's sorely missed.
4) We were bought out by this guy and honestly, I don't really care either way (reference point #1 for why I don't care so much).
5) Many others have left, others promoted, some fired. All in all, I'm still in the numbers game.

Now on to my social life.... this one might be short:

1) Since February, I've dated off and on, some situations lasting longer than others.
2) I've gained some new friends through work and outside who've helped sharpen my perspective.
3) I really have nothing else to put here....

My apartment:
1) Still living in Battery Park City with the two roommates. Nothing new there, though I think I'm going to have to sign for another year as rents in this city are insane on 1BR's.
2) Now features occasional "guests".... not my guests, but guests all the same... enough said.
3) Really needs to be cleaned (not my room, the rest of the dump).

New York:

1) Survived a steam pipe situation
2) Remains too expensive and is getting more expensive as I type these very l-e-t-t-e-r-s....
3) Continues to fascinate me (and I'm actually not being sarcastic... just wait, it's coming).
4) Has some of the rudest people living/commuting through it that I've ever seen (Is it really that hard to get the crap out of my way as I get off the subway before you race in for that seat you don't need to sit in anyway as you're only going ONE DAMN STOP further uptown?)

So yes, I'm back, for now. I can't promise this will become a habit again as, well, I'm a director, I'm busy (and I'm not really that big of an a-hole). Check back soon... or in a few months.

No comments: